Last week was a busy week in the General Assembly. Below is a summary of key bills I introduced or sponsored, key actions taken by committees on which I serve, and key House votes.
Key Bills Sponsored / Introduced
- No bills introduced as the filing deadline has passed.
Key Committee Actions
- HB671: Expand Certificate of Relief (voted in favor/passed)
- SB223: Habitual Felons/Clarify Previous Convictions (voted in favor/passed)
Key House Votes
Week in Review
- No scheduled meetings and a no-vote session.
- After a brief 9:30 a.m. meeting with my colleagues, session convened at 10 a.m. and we voted on various bills including: SB655 (voted in favor/passed the House).
- At 1 p.m. the Judiciary 2 Committee met and we heard two bills: HB671 (voted in favor/passed committee) and SB223 (voted in favor/passed committee).
- At 3 p.m. I attended the Wildlife Resources Committee and we held a discussion-only meeting on HB867.
- I met with my colleagues at 9:30 a.m. and we discussed various issues pertaining to the budget.
- Afterward, I met with individuals from Robeson County who were advocating on behalf of retirees. I am always pleased to spend time meeting with folks from back home who make the trek to Raleigh.
- At noon, I attended another meeting with my colleagues and then headed back to the chamber for the 2 p.m. session. We voted on various bills, including: HB620 (voted yes/passed), HB511 (voted yes/passed) and HB746 (voted yes/passed)