Key Bills Sponsored/Introduced Last Week
- No bills introduced as the filing deadline has passed.
Key Committee Actions Last Week
- SB470: Personal Injury Bankruptcy Trust Claims (reported favorably)
- HB918: Post Crime On Social Media/Enhanced Sentence (reported favorably)
Key House Votes Last Week
- HR922: Observe Mecklenburg Independence Day (voted in favor/passed the House)
- SB62: Veterans’ Affairs Commission/Strategic Plan (voted in favor/passed the House)
Week in Review
- No scheduled meetings and a no-vote session.
- Session convened at 1:00 p.m. and we voted on various bills including: HB434 (voted in favor) and SB62 (voted in favor).
- After session adjourned, I attended the Judiciary II Committee where we heard and voted on 3 bills: HB709 (reported favorably) HB918 (reported favorably) SB470 (reported favorably).
- Later that afternoon, I visited the State Crime Lab and learned a great deal about the inner workings of the laboratory and the service it provides to the State.
- Wednesday morning I met with various individuals including folks from the Workforce Innovation Program from Columbus County.
- At 1:00 p.m. session convened in the old House Chamber in the State Capitol. This special session was held to honor the 242nd anniversary of the Mecklenburg Declaration. The declaration was made during the American Revolution and it was the first declaration of independence. HR922 passed unanimously.
- At 2:00 p.m. I met with my colleagues for a meeting to discuss the budget.
- At 8:30 a.m. the Appropriations Justice and Public Safety Committee met. The discussion focused on our portion of the appropriation which will be included in the overall budget.
- Session was held at 10 a.m. and it was a no-vote session.