Last week was a short but busy week in the General Assembly. Below is a summary of key bills I introduced or sponsored, key actions taken by committees on which I serve, and key House votes.
Key Bills Sponsored/Introduced Last Week
- HB636: Sale of Salvage Vehicle/No Inspection
- HB666: Revise Volunteer Fire Department Req’ts
- HB708: Require Criminal BGC/Pharmacist Licensure
Key Committee Actions Last Week
- HB68: BRIGHT Futures Act (discussion only)
- HB443: Auto Dealers/Continuing Education (reported favorably)
- HB298: 00 Alcohol Restriction—All DWI (reported favorably)
Key House Votes Last Week
- HB206: NC Cancer Treatment Fairness (Passed; I voted in favor)
- HB243: Strengthen Opioid Misuse Prevention (STOP) Act. (Passed; I voted in favor)
- SB68: Bipartisan Bd of Elections and Ethics Enforce (Passed; I voted in favor)
Week in Review
- Met with staff and colleagues to discuss a bill.
- Also met with various members and discussed wildlife-related issues.
- Session began at 5 p.m. and we voted on various bills, including: HB223 (voted in favor), HB300 (voted in favor) and HB206 (voted in favor).
- Tuesday morning the ABC Committee met and we held discussions but not votes on HB460 and HB500.
- At 10 a.m. I attended the Regulatory Reform Committee, where HB443 (of which I am a primary sponsor) was heard and passed. It has now been referred to the Finance Committee.
- Next, I headed over to the Transportation Committee at 11 a.m. We voted on a few bills including HB94 (voted in favor) and HB418 (voted in favor). At 1 p.m. I attended the Energy and Public Utilities Committee where HB68 was heard for discussion only. I am a co-primary sponsor of this legislation.
- Session was held at 2:00 p.m. We voted on various bills including: HB228 (voted in favor), SB68 (voted in favor), HB501 (voted in favor).
- After session, the legislature adjourned through 4/18. No committee meetings or votes will be held until we reconvene on 4/19.