Last week was a busy week in the General Assembly. Below is a summary of key bills I introduced or sponsored, key actions taken by committees on which I serve, and key House votes.
Key Bills Sponsored / Introduced
- HB540: Teachers and State Employees Pay Raise
- HB562: Enhanced Penalty for Second Degree Trespass
- HB600: School Construction Flexibility
Key Committee Actions
- HB110: DOT/DMV Changes (Transportation Committee) — reported favorably out of committee; I voted in favor
- HB21: Driver Instruction/Law Enforcement Stops (Transportation Committee) — reported favorably out of committee; I voted in favor
- HB181: First Responders Act of 2017 — (Transportation Committee) — reported favorably out of committee; I voted in favor
Key House Votes
- HB150: Standards for Chiropractic Peer Review — passed the House; I voted in favor
- HB302: DoDEA/Clinical Educators for Student Teaching — passed the House; I voted in favor
Week in Review
- No vote session held on Monday.
- Tuesday morning the Transportation Committee met and voted on: HB110, HB21, HB181 and HB349.
- At 1 p.m the Judiciary II Committee met and heard HB128, HB325 and HB337.
- Various meetings with my colleagues were held that afternoon and a no-vote session was held at 6 p.m.
- After a meeting with my freshman colleagues, I then held a productive meeting with an individual affiliated with the Wildlife Resource Commission.
- During session we voted on the UNC Board of Governor’s nominees. We also voted on various bills including, HB490 (voted in favor) HB150 (voted in favor), and HB302 (voted in favor).
- The Agriculture and Rural Caucus met at 7:30 a.m.
After meeting with my fellow colleagues, session was held at 2:00 p.m. Votes were held on numerous bills, including: HB128, HB353 and HB340.
Other Issues or Questions?
If you have questions or comments about other issues, please feel free to call my legislative assistant, Andrew Bailey, at 919-733-5821 or firstname.lastname@example.org.